Water is connected to every form of life on earth. As criteria, an adequate, reliable, clean, accessible, acceptable, and safe drinking water supply has to be available for various users. The United Nations (UN) and other countries declared access to safe drinking water as a fundamental human right, and an essential step towards improving living standards.
Drinking plenty of water is important, particularly among people who exercise vigorously. Follow the following recommendations:
- Two or three hours before you start to exercise, drink 17-to-20 ounces or half a litre of water.
- Twenty to 30 minutes prior to exercise, or while you’re warming up, drink another eight ounces.
- While you’re exercising, drink seven-to-10 ounces or a quarter a litre every 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Within 30 minutes of completing your workout, make sure you drink another eight ounces.
- Avoid drinking water just after having food.