Sabudana is full of starch or carbohydrates which gives you the much-needed energy boost while fasting. A light dish made with sabudana, peanuts, and mild spices. You could also opt for sabudana kheer of sabudana vada, which also makes great Navratri snacks.
Ingredients Of Sabudana Khichdi
- 1 Cup sabudana (sago)
- 1/2 cup peanut (shelled and coarsely pounded), roasted
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
- 3-4 Sabut lal Mirch (whole dried red pepper)
- 1 sprig kadhi patta (curry leaves)
- 2 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp hara dhania (coriander leaves)
- 1 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Make Sabudana Khichdi
- 1.Wash Saboodana till water clears. Soak in water to about 3 cm/ 1 1/2″ above it, for about an hour.
- 2.Drain in a colander, then spread over a thick cloth for about 1 hour. It is important for the water to drain out very well, as otherwise when cooked, the sabudana will stick together in lumps.
- 3.Mix sabudana, peanuts, salt, and chilli powder very well, so that it is coated well with this mixture.
- 4.Heat the ghee and add zeera, lal mirch and kadhi patta. When mirch darkens a bit, add sabudana mixture and turn around over low heat till cooked through. Takes a couple of minutes.
- 5.Take it off the heat, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- 6.Serve garnished with the hara dhania and the green chillies.