Pav Bhaji is a popular chat recipe around the world. Pav Bhaji provides a wholesome food experience. The Bhaji is a thick vegetable curry made with vegetables like cauliflower, potato, green peas and a good amount of spices. Then the Pav bun is cooked with loads of butter and it is served together. There are different varieties of Pav Bhaji like Cheese Pav Bhaji, Paneer Pav BhajI.
Cauliflower – ½ cup
Potato (medium) – 2 nos
Green peas – ½ cup
Water – 2 ½ Cups + 1 Cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Onion (medium) – 2 nos
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 1 no
Capsicum – ¼ cup
Tomato (medium) – 2 nos
Salt – To Taste
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Kasuri Methi – ¾ tsp
Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
How to Prepare Pav Bhaji
Pav Bhaji Masala:
1. Dry roast all the ingredients except dry mango powder.
2. Add dry mango powder to the hot ingredients.
3. Once cool, grind it into a fine powder using a mixer grinder.
1. Add cauliflower florets, potatoes, peas to a pressure cooker and pour 2 ½ cups of water to partially cover them and 1 tsp of salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2. Mash the veggies using a potato masher.
3. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of butter, add finely chopped onions and fry until they turn translucent.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilli and sauté till it becomes fragrant.
5. Add capsicum, chopped tomatoes, salt to taste and sauté until tomatoes get soft and mushy.
6. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala powder and saute for another 2 minutes.
7. Add boiled and mashed veggies, pour 1 cup of water. Cook until the bhaji thickens.
8. Add lemon juice, Kasuri methi and cook until it reaches the desired consistency.
9. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and some butter.
1. Slit the pav buns horizontally leaving one edge intact.
2. Heat butter on a pan. Open the buns and sprinkle some pav bhaji masala powder on the butter.
3. Place the pav and toast them for a minute.
4. Garnish with some onions, lemon wedges and serve it hot.